Aramon is known for the strength of its artillery. Its trebuchet and canons have very good range (with trebuchet having the longest range in the game) and massive damage. Often, a player has only to build trebuchets and defend them to win a game, with enough of these able to easily take out all lodestones, factories, and defensive structures of the enemy quite easily. It's a tier 2 units like knights and mage archers are great value for mana.
Aramon also has the benefit of the pegasus, a flying builder unit in the expansion set. This new addition allows Aramon to access difficult terrains or sacred stones. The pegasus can build everything that the mage builder can, so in later games, you can use it to place trebuchets at strategic areas on the map.
- Knight: Great attacking power, great armor, fast movement.
- Mage archer: Best archer unit in the game, groups of these can easily take out anything the enemy throws at you.
- Trebuchets Longest range and hardest hitting range attack there is.
- Elsin is the strongest monarch in the game, and can easily beat the other four monarchs on one-on-one combat. His three abilities are Lightning, Meteor and Earthquake. He also has the ability to resurrect dead, petrified, or frozen units, be they his or that of another faction, and turn them to his side.
Even though Taros is the faction with the dark magic theme, it is Elsin who can resurrect units instead of Lokken. Aramon also has the 'mage' builder and the 'mage' archer. With the game story specifying both Aramon and Veruna's strong anti-magic stance, many pro-Taros players feel that this inconsistency is an unfair addition from the game developers. Also, Elsin's attacks Lighting and Meteor are spells that suit the Air-elemental Thirsha more, rather than a land-based, Earth-elemental monarch.
- Elsin lost the ability to make war galleries and gained the ability to make a new unit, the ark, instead.
- Flying pegasus was added, giving Aramon a flying builder unit.
- The Acolytes gained the ability to build a new unit, the Grenadiers.
- Rolling Tower is a strong anti-air unit with high damage and hit points, able to load units into itself, and then unload on higher levels of terrain.